Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cotton-candy machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a close look at such a machine in action. It tells you more than any movie.

Boncuk

Thanks but I really meant how the Above device is made? I want to make a such thing. I do not know what is inside of it whith a such dimensions?

zesla, the process isn't so complicated as to require exact dimensions, the hole size needs to be as small as possible, the faster you spin the drum the faster it'll make cotton candy. A bigger drum with lots and lots of holes will make a LOT of cotton candy but you'll have problems heating it.

It shouldn't be difficult to heat the drum.

The machines used for fairs in Germany use a ring shaped gas heater to heat the bottom of the drum.

The sugar is filled from the top into the drum in small portions (a teaspoon full).

Boncuk

Just for fun I wonder if you could spin solder, or plastic cotton with the same type of setup. It's the same process for fiberglass as well, would be neat to make your own, but the temperature is obviously quiet a bit higher.

That's because you're doing it wrong. My fiberglass tastes delicous.

just to add: It tastes more delicious if you dunk the fiberglass pellets in (apple) vinegar for 24 hours before heating and spinning. The drum should have at least 30,000rpm. (I use a KAVO drive with 100,000rpm)

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back