Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Costume made transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebuka_2

Hi, everybody. I will appreciate any help on how I would learn how to make transformer all by myself. Please I need this, because I can't do without it. Thank you.

LOL me too! I agree with going to google

I have never tried to make a transformer out of clothing.
Isn't the hum a nuisance?

If you don't know how to build a transformer from coiled wire, you should probably hang up any chance of understanding anything about electricity.

That's a bit harsh, we all know that winding a transformer is easy, but getting the core and the correct number of turns on the primary right for the power level and frequency does require some degree of skill and experiance.

EI transformers

If you have ei trafo do this:
measure the package quadrature and that is S.
number of turns for one volt is 45/S
so if you have 10cm^2 - 45/10 * 220 for primar coil its 990 turns.
for secundary coil you multiply with voltage you want.
Power of trafo is P=S^2
Nominal power is P*0.7
Current is I=P/U
Wire diameter d = sqr(I/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back