Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cost of EMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igorhtm

Hi all,

I have some untypical question, but I believe that administrators approve it..

I want to ask if You know how much cost SMT assembly in country where you live? It is interesting for me because I plan work as SMT supervisor and since in my country state euro, and price of work is lower than other neighbor europe country.. this seems like oportunity for foreign company to get assemble in Slovakia for better prices.

So how much is EMS (SMT,THT) in region where You live?

I mean of course prototype or small to medium volume series of PCB assembly.

The unit cost of assembly is nearly insignificant running a couple of dollars for a simple board to maybe $50 for a complex board. The real cost here is the capital equipment cost. You need a pick and place machine, a reflow oven, a rework station, and so on... At least in the US it is all automated.

The unit cost of assembly is nearly insignificant running a couple of dollars for a simple board to maybe $50 for a complex board. The real cost here is the capital equipment cost. You need a pick and place machine, a reflow oven, a rework station, and so on... At least in the US it is all automated.

Assuming you have the equipment, there is still the set up charges for making the solderpaste stencil, and programming the automatic placement.

At this time I already work for small company that provide electro manufacturing service..
We have 2 automats and want to run another..

I just mean to get jobs from EU neighbors country to support company and help myself :)
Or can I ask a little different, is jobs in SMT industry pay well in Your region?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back