Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copy & Past not working in Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptune769

Hello Forum,
I am trying to create my own parts in Eagle. After I copy then try to paste the only option under "Edit" is "Stop Command". Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? I'm using 5.1.0 Light. I also tried it with 5.3.0 Light. Is that a limitation of the demo version?

Regards,
Dennis

Oh! Oh! What was it? We had this problem in the design course. If I remember right you have to use the menu buttons (no keyboard shortcuts) and you it's a different option from copy/paste...it's <something else>/paste, or <something else>/<something else>.

I vaguely remember that it may have been "cut" instead of copy, to copy. Just one more reason I hate Eagle.

This is for schematic copy. If you are trying to copy a component from the library so you can modify it to your needs, it's a lot weirder. It's like you have to make another pinout set for the component and then modify that...I don't even remember anymore it was so convoluted to me.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Do you know of any other design software I can demo? I would need to be able to save and print.

Hi,

this is how to do it:

- get the package you want to copy.

- group the entire package including >NAME and >VALUE.

- click the scissors (cut) symol.

- the traffic light symbol on top should change to green.

- click on the traffic light symbol. This copies the package to the paste buffer.

- close the library and open the one you want to copy the package to.

- select "package" and type in the name of the package.

- a new window will open.

- click paste (the brush symbol with a bit of yellow paint on it).

- throw the part onto the screen centering it closely to the zero/zero position.

- save the package.

That package is now usable to create any device using the appropriate symbol and the package. (Don't forget to connect pins)

Boncuk

I vaguely remember that it may have been "cut" instead of copy, to copy. Just one more reason I hate Eagle.

I know Eagle is not the non-plus-ultra software, but it works well. If different terms are used (cut instead of copy) it's easy to remember, what I can do approaching 67 years of age rapidly. :)

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know of any other design software I can demo? I would need to be able to save and print.

You may try PCB123 at **broken link removed**
i use it for my hobby and comfortable with it. They have facility to manufacture your design at some price to serve you. All you need to do, is to order pcbs and forward the artwork to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back