Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copy data from CDROM to HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuboy78

Can anyone help me? what if i have to use a CDROM and a HDD as a standalone without the PC to copy data from CD to HDD... can any1 help me on this?

i saw one thread about using the CDROM as a player with PIC. but i want to copy data to the HDD.

but CD duplicators do the same things.... they copy CD to CD. the difference here is that it will be a HDD instead of a CD ROM

i need some help in current sensor

hi
i need some help to sence current without in contact to cable from distance between 5-10cm,, can any one give me suggestions

stuboy78

Both CD-ROM & hard disk need to run on a computer. Either of them can be internal or external but they have to interface with the computer and the computer's operating system. Whether your reading or writing to the CD, you need the computer. Duplicators make exact copies of a CD. They usually do not add data to one.

If you are interested in portability from one computer to another, you can always save the date to a USB drive (ala SanDisk), and carry it with you to the new computer, plug it in, wait for windows to recognize it, read it and then do what you want with the data.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back