Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copper Trace Inductance Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
**broken link removed**

alisarhangpour said:
Is there any acceptable formula/software for calculating the Impedance of copper trace on a PCB?
At what frequency? Inductance after all is frequency dependent.
AppCad is a free download from the following website
http://www.hp.woodshot.com/

Thank you all, I found what I needed. But "Inductance is Freq. dependent" sounds a bit strange to me. Inductors might have parasitic capacitance/resistance but it doesn't mean they're freq. dependent.

alisarhangpour said:
Thank you all, I found what I needed. But "Inductance is Freq. dependent" sounds a bit strange to me. Inductors might have parasitic capacitance/resistance but it doesn't mean they're freq. dependent.

I Agree, But there Effects are Frequency dependent.
At Low Frequencies they have Little Effect.
Approacing a Resonant Frequency, Should that be possible, the Effects would be GREAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back