Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

copper strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

spice

is it possible to get copper strips, as an alternative to wires. This is for my golf ball collector/cleaner, where i need to take the electricity from the battery (near the bottom of the tube), to the switch (at the handle of the tube), and back down to the motors. The strips would simply be stuck to the outside of my acrylic tube.

spice said:
is it possible to get copper strips, as an alternative to wires. This is for my golf ball collector/cleaner, where i need to take the electricity from the battery (near the bottom of the tube), to the switch (at the handle of the tube), and back down to the motors. The strips would simply be stuck to the outside of my acrylic tube.

I believe you can buy self adhesive copper strip, try model or art and craft shops?.

Just don't forget to make sure that the strips can actually carry the current intended. I would think that at DC the cross section would have to be at least equivalent to the cross section of the smallest wire that you might use. I'd also think that plenty of references would provide some guidance here.

another good place for copper strips (with sticky backing) is the likes of Homebase/B&Q (soz if you not Eng)

slugs do not like copper and will keep away from it.

Styx said:
another good place for copper strips (with sticky backing) is the likes of Homebase/B&Q (soz if you not Eng)

slugs do not like copper and will keep away from it.

nah mate. B & Q, or homebase aide they didnt have any.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I believe you can buy self adhesive copper strip, try model or art and craft shops?.
Often it can be found in the area of the craft shops with the stained glass supplies. They use it around the edges of the shaped glass pieces because it allows them to be assembled with a soldering iron.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back