Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cool switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is sweet. This is one of those products that I just want to create a use for.

Maybe I'll put one in my car.

DirtyLude said:
That is sweet. This is one of those products that I just want to create a use for.

Maybe I'll put one in my car.

Cool switch, yup. I take issue with needing a $200 USD controller board for ONLY 16 switches... umm do they make a much lower cost interface for it? This cost is justified in only the highest end products..

Can't find any prices for the switches themselves. If they are like $20.00, I know I can find people who will want them for computer mods. Looks like the product is pretty new, they don't have the engineering page working, and documetation on the image refresh for the LCD is pretty sketchy.

Looks like it has a LCD driver built in, but you have to send it signals, like a TV type broadcast directly. It wont work on it's own. That shouldn't be a problem.

do they make a much lower cost interface for it?
They mnetion in the FAQ that the button should be able to be driven by any microcontroller. It's just the logic for refreshing the image, which has to be contantly scanned.

The controller board and eval kits look like they are made to interface with the PC, and are fully programmable. Yes, a little expensive, but I don't believe necessary.

seem to recall having seen them (or something very similiar) over at rswww.com

Reminds me of this keyboard design that everyone was so thrilled about.

Don't get your hopes up, this is just a CAD rendering.

https://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

EDIT: Seriously, if anyone gets pricing and online availability for these buttons, let me know. I'd really like to get just one to see what I can do with it.

Ah, I looked them up on Future Electronics website. $40.00 USD each for the cheapest ones. No thanks.

Ouch, that is too much... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back