Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cool surplus stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on a local surplus stuff website:

**broken link removed**

Did some research, it seems the arm weighs 350kg or so. 5 foot radius.

Anyone else find cool surplus stuff anywhere?

Is the price for shipping included? If so, I'll take it!

I can't really come close for coolness, but I did notice that the local Dollar Store (which has nation-wide locations) has off-brand gameboy rechargable battery packs for less than $2. There are two kinds, and one is a kind of case/battery pack with speakers, batteries, and charger. Sweet deal for hobby robotics, not quite enough power to move that arm, though!

theinfamousbob said:
Found this on a local surplus stuff website:

**broken link removed**

Anyone else find cool surplus stuff anywhere?

turn it into a ride...its only a small $100...

**broken link removed**

as for cheap stuff i go onto craigslist and get music gear and all that...

It's worth 100 dollars in scrap material, buy it. Bearings and every motion surface is probably worn and non-replaceable. Any electronics are going to be useless and completly new drivers would have to be built, but it's probably going to cost close to it's purchase price to get shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back