Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cool but impossible projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

This thread is for cool projects that would be nearly impossible to build.

The project that i thought up of was a Soul Detector.

This is going to be funny with all the retarded projects.

2kW inverter running from a car battery.
2kW single driver audio amplifier.
Hydrogen powered hybrid car.

Nuclear power too cheap to be worth metering!

There is also trying to duplicate the famous Acoustic Research speaker with a frequency response fron DC to blue light.

R/C Helicopter from scratch, before having actually atempting to fly one...

VCR that records memories, dreams, thoughts...

Engine fueled entirely by water...

Everlasting solar powered torch; the solar pannel is powered by an LED which is run from the solar panel.

An IMU...a GOOD IMU.

Wasn't there also that machine that used magnetic fields to melt sand and then suck the iron out of it from a distance of several feet?

Last edited:
A solar pannel that outputs 12v at 1amp under 10$
A nuclear AA battery
A computer made completely out of potatoes and lemons
A flying toaster using computer fans

Self effacing intelligence.
Ego-less genius.
Smart people.
Human beings without human drives.
Understanding for the good of all, not necessarily the 'betterment'
Altruism, only real.
It's only a dream, can never be possible as is always the case with altruism. I'm a solipsist, there is only ever self, but it's a very nice dream to have.

I'd like an immensely powerful telescope, so powerful that we could see the surface of planets in other systems. In a way, this would also be a time machine because of course we'd be seeing events that took place years or even hundreds, thousands of years ago.

Brian

hi,

I think I must have mis-read this thread at first, I thought it said.

"The project that i thought up of was an 'ar*e Soul Detector."

Now one one these I could make,,,, for FREE!
:rolleyes:

Portable generator based on nuclear metastable states. Theoretically possible, but as of yet completely beyond the reach of current technology.

Muon Catalyzed Fusion. Already been demonstrated to work... only catch: finding a cheap source of muons.

Cheap Muon Generator. Now here is a project that will earn you trillions and a nobel prize.

Planetary Core remote measurement robot. A robot that can burrow into a planet's core and take measurements. A more difficult project than going into space as no one has figured out a way to make something withstand that much pressure and still function.

Orbital tower. A tower that goes from the surface of the earth into space, would reduce space travel costs from billions down to a couple of dollars per ride.

The Ultimate Particle Accelerator. If you thought the Large Hadron Collider was big then you have not seen the Ultimate Particle Acelerator. The UPA would be built around our solar system and have a circumference greater than the orbit of pluto. You're going to need plenty of free weekends to build one of these babies.

Cyberneural interface. I'm tired of learning things the hard way, i want to download it.

Free Neutron Extinguisher field generator. Basically this handy dandy device nullifies free neutron movement outside of an atomic nucleus. application: would render nuclear weapons inoperative while the field was running. Now we can let all those rogue countries build as many nukes as they want. If they ever launch em, we just turn on the field and the warheads would stop working. Unfortunately this device would also shut off our nuclear power plants.

Ozone layer fixer. Some high altitude craft that would suck up all those bad chemicals that are killing the ozone layer and replace the layer with fresh ozone.

Greenhouse nullifier. A series of HUGE floating islands set afloat in our oceans that would suck the excess carbon dioxide in our atmosphere and convert it into calcium carbonate that could be dropped on ocean floor. The ocean floor already has gigatons of the stuff so the dropping of more would not have adverse environmental impacts.

Cure for all diseases. preferably should be cheap too. too bad stupidity isn't a disease.

Fountain of youth. build one of these babies and now you and your spouse can get on each others nerves for all eternity.... on second thought this might not be such a great project.

Time Machine. Enough said

perpetual motion:D , a motor connected to a generator, teleporter, antigravity, wireless electricity, a battery that never goes flat, and the list goes on and on and on:(

things said:
perpetual motion:D , a motor connected to a generator, teleporter, antigravity, wireless electricity, a battery that never goes flat, and the list goes on and on and on:(

hi things,

Any idea why we call a discharged battery 'a flat battery'.

I said to my tutor, many years ago 'perhaps it was a flat battery' he chewed my n*ts off, saying there's no such thing as a flat battery.:confused:

Last edited:
Real software doesn't crash.

It's such a shame that computers have a reputation for crashing and being unreliable when the reverse is actually true.

Hero999 said:
Real software doesn't crash.

It's such a shame that computers have a reputation for crashing and being unreliable when the reverse is actually true.
Heh, isn't that the philosophy of super reliable systems? No one notices when it's working but everyone takes notice when it breaks. Kind of reminds me like when I sprain my wrist or ankle or whatever.

No one remembers 99.9999905% uptime what they remember is the 5 minutes last year they weren't able to access something. It's just the way the human mind works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back