Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cooker hood circuit board blown

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobslay

Hi,

I have a cooker hood made/imported by PAB ltd UK (premium appliance brands). The model number is HDIG90SS. The company went bust last year and no-one seems to hold spares, I thought someone on here may be able to help.

A bulb blew and subsequently the fan still works but the lights do not. I opened it up hoping to find a fuse but all that connects the switches to the lights and fan is a small pcb.

There are a couple of resistors and transistors on the board, as I say the fan controls (four buttons, lots of wires are still working, but the lights do not respond to the switch.

Can anyone please suggest a way to either test the components on the board with a view to repairing it or alternatively how could I rig up the switch such that it would switch the 240v light supply (i.e. bypass the circuit board)?

Thanks

Measure the supply for 240v a.c. going into the light switch, then switch it on, and measure the supply at the other side of the switch, do you still have 240?
Most of the speed controls on the hoods that I have seen, usually have a triac dimmer type circuit with switched resistances instead of a pot to control the phase angle, thus the speed control. Sometimes, but not always, the light switch is wired to the PCB, other times it goes straight to the lamps, the PCB is usually only a convenient way to connect the wiring.

rgds

The board on my range hood did the same thing. As it was under warranty a service man was called. He said it happened on nearly every unit as the PCD track acts as a fuse as it is stupidly thin. The remedy was to solder a wire over (the whole length of) the fused track.

Mike.

Hi,

I have a cooker hood made/imported by PAB ltd UK (premium appliance brands). The model number is HDIG90SS. The company went bust last year and no-one seems to hold spares, I thought someone on here may be able to help.

A bulb blew and subsequently the fan still works but the lights do not. I opened it up hoping to find a fuse but all that connects the switches to the lights and fan is a small pcb.

There are a couple of resistors and transistors on the board, as I say the fan controls (four buttons, lots of wires are still working, but the lights do not respond to the switch.

Can anyone please suggest a way to either test the components on the board with a view to repairing it or alternatively how could I rig up the switch such that it would switch the 240v light supply (i.e. bypass the circuit board)?

Thanks

Did you manage to fix this in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back