Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conveyor Belt project

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglewy

I have built a small conveyor belt. I just need help selecting the right motor and speed control for it. I have had a look at 360o servo motors but not sure if that is what i am after.

I need the motor to turn a 10kg load on the belt. The belt needs to move at a maximum speed of about 0.2m/sec.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You don't go to Bedford collecge do you?

a servo won't do what you want. You can get motor controllers or find schematics on the internet. I don't know how to size your motor but 10Kg doesn't sound small. You might need to consider gearing a motor down (or find a gearhead motor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back