Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting wind power to 5.5 volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac Daddy

Hello all! After trying to search the Internet on wind turbines and miniature alternators, I found this board and thought that i would just pose the question- How can use wind power to convert to 5v so I can power a miniature circuit board. All of the components would have to fit in my prototype which is maybe 12” in length and 3” in dia.

My email address is 3urfree@gmail.com
Jeff

whats the power requirement / consumption of your prototype at 5V? also need some data about the wind minimum & maximum velocities available at the location.
you can run a DC generator (small) to get variable voltage depends on the wind speed then use a switch mode convertor (for variable input voltage) to give you a 5v output constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back