Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting video - .mov to .wmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevez

I've got a nice digital camera that takes excellent (for me) videos. I end up with .mov files.

My kids bought me a 30gb Zune for Christmas - nice. Plan was to be able to download audio books but Zune and the Library software don't play together at all - seems it's by design.

The Zune plays videos well and I thought it would be an excellent way to show the videos I take. The Zune will handle .wmv files (with some additional criteria). Anyone know how I can convert these? I googled for a minute and got a million sites to look at. I'll be doing more research but I am hoping it's not that tough and doesnt' require elaborate software.

mov is Quicktime, from Apple, aka Zune's nemesis

Windows Movie Maker (part of XP) might be able to load your MOV file, and it will output a wmv file.

You might also look at quicktime editor program, which might convert the mov to an h264 (mp4) file. The zune software will convert an mp4 to wmv for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back