Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting controller to wireless remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

ether bunny

I'm trying to convert a winch controller to a wireless remote. The controller has a three position switch where pressing down causes the winch to pay out cable, neutral disengages the winch, and pressing up makes it wind in cable. I've seen some wireless controllers for other winches but not for my model, and I'd rather not buy a new winch just to get the controller (which is also about $200 w/o winch.) Is there a fairly easy and inexpensive solution? Thanks.

Buy a $10.00 remote-control toy car. It has forward/reverse left/ right and a range of 50 metres.

Take the outputs from the receiver circuit to additional transistors or relays for the features you require.

The remote control car to look for has RX-2B as the receiver which is a 5-function chip. The Tx operates from 3v.
All the outputs are separate and can be connected to relays to do almost anything you want.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm totally clueless about how to go about modifying the winch controller. Any guidance you can give me about where to start learning what I'll have to do would also be welcome.

You would have to start by looking at the buttons.

Then get a relay and connect the contacts to the switch and power the relay from a 9v battery.
If this works the winch, you have successfully interfaced your first switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back