Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting between PCB design file formats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamarama

Hello everyone, sorry for plauging you with constant questions as of late, but i've hit a bit of a problem.

I have a .MAX OrCAD PCB layout for a double sided board and would like to open it up and mess it around to a single sided board with a few alterations and additions. However I don't own a copy of OrCAD and can't afford to buy it even with the best will in the world. Is it possible to convert this file into an Eagle compatible file, or even ExpressPCB? I'm clutching at straws here and don't really want to have to recreate the PCB from .PDF exports.

I also have access to all of the Gerber files. Can these be translated back into a CAD format? I was always under the impression that though this could be done, it wasn't recommended for most situations, in a similar vein to decompiling hex files?

Thanks for any advice, Mike

LogicSwap does this as a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back