Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting an old cordless phone into a baby monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram54

I have an old cordless phone that I would like to convert to a monitor to hide in my out building on my car port. I would like to keep the base in my out building and tune in on my scanner in the house to know when someone is around my cars. Could someone tell me how to modify my cordless base to do this. I think the phone is in the 49 Mhz range.

If the phone doesn't have an Intercom function, then it's not simple. You could add an amplifier and speaker to the phone line jack that would convert the current modulated signal in the phone line to an audible output. This would likely require some custom circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back