Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting a Mono signal to a stereo signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanAbbo

Hi,

i am having trouble converting a Mono signal into a stereo signal.

i am using a 3.5mm Jack plug (stereo) and have been told to short the tip and screen as well as have a link between cold and screen in the amp. however am still having problems!!!!

could someone please help me and a wiring diagram would be very muchly appreciated!!

Thanks

Well, to start off: You can not convert mono into stereo (there are still some geeks working on that though). What I believe, you are trying to do, is get a mono signal to the L/R connections of a 3.5mm stereo plug. In pro-audio this is the TRS wiring (old English and telephony terminology). T=tip, R=ring, S-sleeve (ground). Connect the T+R together to the centre conductor and the shield to the sleeve. E

You haven't mentioned what problems you're having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back