Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert to LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy80

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and to Electronic Circuits. I like handcraft and to do thing by myself. I am in process of converting my truck light to LED. (tail light , revers, side and front turn signal)
Here is the situation as most of American truck tail light combinations as follow
Tail light bulb / brake and turn signal are combined together same bulb. And reverse light.
Can someone help me with the diagram? for the tail light

Planning to use a LED 10mm for tail/brake light/ turn signal
A LED 5mm for reverse and LED 5mm for side and front turn signal

You will need multiples of each led for each lamp on your truck - what you have in mind will be nowhere near enough lumens.

through searching the internet i found the attached circuit, i thought i could use it...

Attachments

• LED-diagram.gif
    LED-diagram.gif
    91.1 KB · Views: 136
Chevy80,
Using diodes make the stop wire power all the LED strings and the turn wire power only half of the LED strings. (or 1/3) this will give the two lever brightness you are looking for.

so if i am going to use a matrix of 4 LED 4x4, what resistor (ohm) i need to use for the LED, and what diodes number to use

Bulbs emit over a wide angle, but most LEDs have a fairly narrow beam. So each bulb would need to be replaced by a respective set of differently-oriented LEDs to give good visibility over a wide angle in the interests of safety. Your local vehicle regulations may have specific requirements about light brightness and beam-width, so make sure that any replacement light system is legal.

Alec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back