Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert joystick usp cable 2 serial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

morabet

hi,
i want to convert my joystick game from usp cable to serial cable without any cable coverter... why??

because i want to use joystick game to control some thing without computer.. and i want to take from joystick wires as serial cable(Pins) to get to my project....

thank you,,
MoRaBeT

Without more details on what you have and what you want I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think it is even remotely possible.

Papabravo said:
Without more details on what you have and what you want I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think it is even remotely possible.

ok,,

i want to know where is output in joystick to cotroll on the joystick borad

As you might suspect from our inability to even approach a difinitive answer there are as many different types of joysticks as there are stars in the sky or cross ties on the railroad tracks. Help us out and give us something to work with.

morabet said:
ok,,

i want to know where is output in joystick to cotroll on the joystick borad

Open the joystick case and give us a picture of the inside. It is likely to be just a couple of wires from the joystick pot(s) to the board.

For a start you might try mentioning what the joystick plugs into?, a PC, a Play station, various other gaming machines - many use different joystick systems.

PC Joystick...... ?

if you know any thing about that just tell me, or get me some web sites to support this subject

Morabet,

There are some really clever people on this site (my self definitely not included) but even they need something more specific if you expect to get any help.

If you cannot get any more specific, dont be suprised if the results you get are no better than if you fired your question at google.

Good luck in your search!

hi,
i bought PC Joystick "IBM", and i open the case, i found potentiometer
then this joystick work by uses potentiometer, then
how can i take from this joystick (Up ,Down, Left,right) Direction to my Project without computer...

please relpy....

or
support me any web site

I have no clue about why you think this is possible without some interaction on the part of a processing element. Potentiometers give an indication of up, down left and right by measuring the voltage at the wiper with respect to the voltage applied to either end. This could be done with an A to D converter or possibly with comparators like the LM339.

I think you need to carefully articulate what you are trying to accomplish, I'm still not clear on what you are trying to do and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back