Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert CMRR db in ppm error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickagian

Hi to all!

I would like some quick help here... Since yesterday, I'm trying to figure out how to compute the error caused by the non-ideal CMRR in an instrumentation amplifier. For example check this link:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/01/AN-539.pdf

Down to page 4, at table II, it says that CMR in dB is 105dB and this is translated in 5.6ppm error. How is this number extracted? I couldn't find the way to do it...

Nikos

Hello,

First translate the db into a gain, then invert it, then multiply by 1 million.

For your example, 105db is a gain of 177827.94, which inverted (the db is negative) equals 5.6e-6, multiplied by 1 million equals 5.6ppm.

Hello,

First translate the db into a gain, then invert it, then multiply by 1 million.

For your example, 105db is a gain of 177827.94, which inverted (the db is negative) equals 5.6e-6, multiplied by 1 million equals 5.6ppm.

Hi!

Well, my mistake was that I overlooked that the CMRR is actually negative and didn't invert the gain..

Thanks a lot MrAl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back