Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert 24 vac to power 2.5 vdc LEDs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,

Wow, that would be great... one LED with both colors, green for 24 vac, and red when valve is unpowered. Didn't know they had multple colors in one LED. How would that work in my project? The circuit I was looking at used an 741 op-amp to detect voltage.

Thanks

Vinny

More like Green with current through the green LED and then Red with current through the red LED. You cant get light out with no current:D

I'm working on it but having some problems protecting the LEDs from the inductive Kick when the Valve Coil turns off. I'm trying a common cathode bi-color LED

Oh, I was thinking that since the colors were different wavelengths, they did something with frequency to get it to be red or green.... guess that wouldn't be that easy. Some of this still seems like magic to me :D

there's a hot 24 vac terminal on the controller that I could use as source for the circuits of the LED's that show the non-powered valves...

Last edited:
Oh, I was thinking that since the colors were different wavelengths, they did something with frequency to get it to be red or green.... guess that wouldn't be that easy. Some of this still seems like magic to me :D

No, there are actually two different LEDs mounted inside one lump of plastic. Some Bicolor LEDs have two leads (they light up AMBER if powered on AC) and some have three; of which some are common anode and some are common cathode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back