Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conversion of 0 to 5 Amps current into 0 to 5 Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

junaidatta

Hello Guys! i am new for this site, i have a project i want to convert 0-5 Amps current which is comming from an AC load of 3 amps with 220 to 440 Vlths and i want to convert it into 0 to 5 Volts so that i can sence it by ADC and then convert it into digital then get data from serial port!! this is al i want i have done ADC to COM port section but i dont have any idea abt high current into voltage. so any of you have done this aur any idea or any schematic or any source code then please help me i will be thankfull to you!

Connect 1 ohm in series. The voltage across it will be directly proportional to the current through it.

David Bridgen said:
Connect 1 ohm in series. The voltage across it will be directly proportional to the current through it.

Read My Post Carefully Please

I want solution soon do reply please...

You don't say but I guess your 220VAC to 440VAC signal doesn't have one side grounded. It might even be the mains power.
Therefore the voltage across the one ohm current-sensing resistor must be isolated?
You can isolate the sensed voltage with an optically-isolated coupler, or with radio. Maybe a current transformer would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back