Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conversion from hex to ascii and display on LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRL_15

I have a counter whose value is in hex mode

How to convert that hex value into Ascii and display it on LCD.

also on the LCD display i want to see the total number of counts (counter value )after one second.

How should I obtain the same?

Please let me know if anyone has an idea

Thanks and Best Regards

Can you explain a bit more? Like What kind of counter? Is it on a PIC micro?
What LCD?

Do you have code made so far? can you provide what you have so far and a schematic or tell me how its connected so i can better understand what you want done and how i can help you out.

What do you mean by "whose value is in hex mode" and what language are you using?

Mike.

I have a counter whose value is in hex mode

How to convert that hex value into Ascii and display it on LCD.

also on the LCD display i want to see the total number of counts (counter value )after one second.

How should I obtain the same?

Please let me know if anyone has an idea

Check my tutorials, which do pretty well what you want - there's an LCD one (16 bit counter displaying the value in both HEX and Decimal).

hello ppl

I want to implement a counter that will count the number of incoming pulses and from that I need to detect the frequency and display it on the LCD.

I am using PIC 16F887

Can anyone please help me out?

ISR:

BCF STATUS, RP0
BCF STATUS, RP1 ; select Register Bank 0
Loop1: btfsc PIR1,2
goto Freq_Int
movf Frequency,0
movwf PORTD
call SND_DTA
Freq_Int: incf Frequency,1
goto Loop1

i tried the above code but not clear with the use of timer

I want to first count the number of incoming pulses, then determine the frequency and display it on the LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back