Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conversion from 110V to 220V 50Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raheem

Hello!
I recentlly bought an AIWA external Fax modem!
now the problem is that it runs on 110 V but here in my country normal voltages are 220V...
presently i am using a step down transformer.. and i want to manipulate its circuit to run normally at 220V

power ratings are
110 V , 9W

i have heard from somewhere that replacing the present main capacitor (i.e. 200V , 25uf) with some high voltage capacitor..
Commetns and expert help is required

Thanks in advance for ur helps!!!

Raheem Amjad!!

Raheem said:
Hello!
I recentlly bought an AIWA external Fax modem!
now the problem is that it runs on 110 V but here in my country normal voltages are 220V...
presently i am using a step down transformer.. and i want to manipulate its circuit to run normally at 220V

power ratings are
110 V , 9W

i have heard from somewhere that replacing the present main capacitor (i.e. 200V , 25uf) with some high voltage capacitor..

That doesn't make much sense!. All the external modems I've seen use a mains transformer (it's vital they are isolated), either inside the modem (which is rare these days) or in an external PSU. If it uses an external PSU, simply replace it with one for 220V - obviously with the correct output.

Hello!
Thanks for such a nice advice! thught it did not do any good to me... ne ways.. the AIWA modem has the power supply BUILT itno it.. all it has a power cord coming out of it that is to be inserted into a 110V socket..

Raheem

Raheem said:
Hello!
Thanks for such a nice advice! thught it did not do any good to me... ne ways.. the AIWA modem has the power supply BUILT itno it.. all it has a power cord coming out of it that is to be inserted into a 110V socket..

Raheem

Does it use a conventional (50/60Hz mains transformer), or a switchmode one?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back