Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling two lights separately with one switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnabalkb

I am new to this forum, and a novice too... so please correct me if I am wrong.
I want a single lighting switch(single way) at home which controls two sets of tube (~ 50W each) separately,

Here's what the single switch does when flipped on-and-off quickly,
On -> Light A turns on
Off -> A turns off
On -> Light B turns on
Off -> B turns off
On -> Light A and B turns on
Off -> A & B turn off
...cycles repeat..

In my house a Chandelier does this, but can't open and inspect this. It is working using relay circuit I guess. I hear sound when it switches.
In our country the rating is like this (210V - 250V, 50-60Hz). Please help by giving a simple solution for this. If the product is available what should I tell to get that. Please guide me in this.

Thanks in Advance.

@MEJY1988: Thanks for the reply. I tried to spot Chandelier's brochure but it was hung sometime ago.. And currently I don't possess any brochure of that. We lost it while moving to this house.

Krishnabalkb,
Is the switch mounted on the chandelier or on the wall. I know that they make a pull chain switch that is used on ceiling fans to control the fan speeds and on the lights that could do close to what you want. But I believe that the switch does is:
1st Pull > Lights A (On)
2nd Pull > Lights B (On)
3rd Pull > Lights A & B (On)
4th Pull > All Lights (Off)
This would require the pull switch to be mounted on the light.

A second option that I know of would to use two separate switches, or a **broken link removed** (Two switches on one yoke). But this would require a three conductor wire plus ground to the light.

Sorry so long to reply. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back