Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.h

Hi every one
iwant to ask about the control of a stepper motor throug the parallel port,iwant to know can iuse uln2803 with the l297 to control the unipolar motor and if it could ,would you show me the schematic draw for it.
thanks in advance.

Connect the parallel port to the L297 inputs. The L297 outputs go to the ULN2803 inputs. The ULN2803 outputs go to the ends of the unipolar coils, and the center taps go to the power source.

Stepper motor control

Hi,

I have a stepper motor driver circuit which i shown in the attachment. I need to control only one motor at a time. I used MoSFET for switch on or off of motor power. But problem is im using 12V motor, i need to drive the mosfet wiht TTL Logic, but its not working. Please suggest me the proper switching circuit to run only one motor .

Thanks and regards
shiva

Attachments

• Stepper motor driver.JPG
    Stepper motor driver.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,161
Hi,

I have a stepper motor driver circuit which i shown in the attachment. I need to control only one motor at a time. I used MoSFET for switch on or off of motor power. But problem is im using 12V motor, i need to drive the mosfet wiht TTL Logic, but its not working. Please suggest me the proper switching circuit to run only one motor .

Thanks and regards
shiva

The Fets are wired as source-followers; not switches. The TTL inputs will only supply ~4V to the gates, which is not sufficient to turn on the FETs

Stepper motor control

HI Mike

Thank you for your reply .
Can i use transistor instead of FET's, the load current req is 500mA. or could i use a optocoupler?

Regards
shiva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back