Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling step down converter with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmusic

Hi i am building a small dc/dc converter usinf st1s10 step down module (standard synchrounous step down converter) all of those conveter use a feedback pin with two resistor for setting out the voltage . feedback voltage is always about 800mv. My question is i would like controlling the output voltage of the converter using a PIC (converting pwm to voltage reference). how can i connect my voltage reference to the converter.
i was doing before with a potentiometer before but i cant send a voltage directly at Feedback pin. i would need a virtual potentiometer!.
could i use a transistor to simulate a varaible resistor? Could i replace Rin with a transistor or ic that simulate a resistor to change the gain of amplificator.
Thanx

Attachments

• Clipboard01..jpg
    Clipboard01..jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 183
leave the gain fixed and add a divider after the gain stage, if you must... better still get an LED driver and use the PWM input to control the LED intensity

O sorry I will not use this for led driving, schematics is just an example of adjusting current with fixed resistor, i must adjust it with a PIC so does it exist a chip that simulates a variable resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back