Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling simple robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_ocx

hi,

i want to make a simple machine robot to do some work
it has 2d aim that moves in X and Y directions. and 1 button to turn on the fire beam.
so i will be able to scratch pictures on the wood.

i want to put one contactor between each line that exit from LPT. so when for example i send the 128 signal , for example aim moves toward X direction.

as u know when we turn on the computers , automatically some signals sent to lpt that , when machine has power , it will reduce some danger.

how i can solve this problem , so when my program starts the machine only response to my signals , not to OS test signals and stuff ?

If you control the motors and the fire pen directly by PC, I don't know how to solve the problem, but you may use a decoder to know when will the fire pen and the motors available. And you can use a hard switches to do it.

But if you control it via a MC, you can lock it as the decoder. Until PC send some suitable signal the MC start and your machine available.

good idea, can you tell me which kind of Decoder or MicroController is suitable for this machine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back