Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling laser module via RF receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. mister

i am trying to control the output to a laser module through an RF receiver. Meaning the output from one channel of the RF receiver powers the laser module.

TX------>RX (channel 3)-------->PIC-------->Laser module

The purpose of the pic is to encode the output to the laser module so that the beamed out laser is uniquelly detected by an independent receiver.

Question is, is it possible to send an output from the RX to power the laser module and even more importantly would it be a complicated procedure to encode the output from the receiver??

to get a wider scope of what i am trying to ask, please check the link below.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/my-12v-signal-to-0v-my-0v-signal-to-12v.12258/

mr. mister said:
i am trying to control the output to a laser module through an RF receiver. Meaning the output from one channel of the RF receiver powers the laser module.

TX------>RX (channel 3)-------->PIC-------->Laser module

The purpose of the pic is to encode the output to the laser module so that the beamed out laser is uniquelly detected by an independent receiver.

Question is, is it possible to send an output from the RX to power the laser module and even more importantly would it be a complicated procedure to encode the output from the receiver??

to get a wider scope of what i am trying to ask, please check the link below.

As before, a PIC could easily do it - but it depends on how easy your lasers are to modulate!.

A laser also doesn't seem a very good choice, as it's beam is so small, you would have to be extremely accurate to score a hit. Using IR LED's with a focusing lens system would probably be better, and presumably is what Laser Quest etc. use?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back