Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling hard disk motors using lpt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kariem2k

hello
i want to know how to control harddisk motor(after i ejected it from the harddisk) using the printer port to make it continuosly turns in a direction and the reverse direction.

also if you please tell me how to make a simple motor(not a stepper motor) to turn in a direction and reverse with two +ve sources from the printer port and one ground of the printer port(when i give it one +ve signal it turns in a direction when i give it the other +ve signal it turns in the other direction)
thanks

If you want to control a DC motor in two directions (forward and reverse) the usual method for doing so is with a H bridge. It requires only a +ve supply to work. There is tons of information on the web about it but if you can't find what you are looking for ask me and i'll give you some more info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back