Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling dot-matrix LED display

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikaelf

hi all...
i want to display images from bitmap files to dot-matrix LED display. i use 8x5 dot matrix with external 15-volt power supply. for earlier test, i will only use 4 dot-matrix LED, which can handle a maximum 20 x 8 bitmap image.

my question is, how to control the display? i have made program which read bitmap file and send file information in hex format to the serial port. my problem is only how to buffer the data and display it to the dot-matrix. i will only use one port to all dot-matrix LED.

what is the best method to control it? for information, i will use microntroller AT89S8252.

could anybody forward me to such tutorials or articles on controlling the port ?? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back