Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling CD, DVD by PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peca

Hi,

has anyone the idea how to send (which) commands to CD (DVD) over it`s rear data connector to force it to open/close door, play music/video, rewind, start from desired track, read data from it etc? Or to link me to sources about it.

I want a lot of things, do I? :)

Thanks in advance.

Peca.

has anyone the idea how to send (which) commands to CD (DVD) over it`s rear data connector to force it to open/close door, play music/video, rewind, start from desired track, read data from it etc? Or to link me to sources about it.

Infrared control? Perhaps make a program to simulate the required control commands

There have been various examples on the net over the years, but many have since disappeared - basically it's a question of using a PIC with enough I/O, sending commands, and receiving the dta back - the audio itself is taken from the direct audio output on the drive.

A quick google will find examples, eg

PIC/IDE

Last edited:
Thank you all!

You gave me enough material for the begginning. I`ll inform you if I had some results.

Peca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back