Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling a number of light bulbs using the parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman61

im a software developer i work with several languages,,but i dont know the first thing about hardware, so right now im working on some project, and what i would like to do is to have my software control a number of light bulbs, so i could turn on or off any light bulb at any time....i guess there would be a challenge "addressing" each light bulb to get the work done..
ps: i would like the whole system to be connected through a parallel port to one pc

im a software developer i work with several languages,,but i dont know the first thing about hardware, so right now im working on some project, and what i would like to do is to have my software control a number of light bulbs, so i could turn on or off any light bulb at any time....i guess there would be a challenge "addressing" each light bulb to get the work done..
ps: i would like the whole system to be connected through a parallel port to one pc

hi,
I have a Forum Blog that uses the PC para port..
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/blogs/ericgibbs/148-pc-parallel-port-timer1-v1-1.html

I know that you are asking for hardware, so, how many relays etc, do you want to control.?

thanx for replying...
lets say 10 lights,,
I guess you know that you can drive 10 pins on the port as outputs [TTL] levels.
or do want to mux them in some way.?

oh, ok....now what about hardware ?
what parts would i need to control a single light ? do i need a micro-controller ? and is there any ready to use circuit plan out there ?

oh, ok....now what about hardware ?
what parts would i need to control a single light ? do i need a micro-controller ? and is there any ready to use circuit plan out there ?
hi,
Using the PC's paraport you dont need an external PIC.
You would use a TTL buffer driving a transistor/relay or an opto isolator driving a triac device.... have you any preference relay or triac.??

This is crying out for a SSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back