Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a DC motor via R/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

olvidame

Hello. I posted this question elsewhere then realized it probably belongs here. I'm building a combat robot and was wondering if there is a way to control a DC Motor Controller (12v) that has a potentiometer or pot on it with a receiver from an RC unit instead.

I know there are some that are made to this such as the IFI Victor 884 and the Vantecs but I already have some DC controllers that have potentiometers that I really want to use/ convert.
I do not want to simply connect a servo to the potentiometer to control it. I want it to be solid state. Is there a way to wire it up or does somebody make an adapter for doing this? Thanks!

You could replace the POT with a digital potentiometer, but I see no simple way of interfacing one with a RC receiver since they all take serial interfaces or digital interfaces with a bunch of control lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back