Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a DC motor controller with RC unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olvidame

Hello. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to control a DC Motor Controller (12v) that has a potentiometer or pot on it with a receiver from an RC unit instead. I know there are some that are made to this such as the IFI Victor 884 and the Vantecs but I already have some DC controllers that have potentiometers that I really want to use/ convert.
I do not want to simply connect a servo to the potentiometer to control it. I want it to be solid state. Is there a way to wire it up or does somebody make an adapter for doing this? Thanks!

There are tons of DC motor speed controllers used in the R/C hobby world. They come in two kinds, brushless and DC controllers. You would be needing a DC typre. The input to the speed controller is identical as a servo so the R/C system thinks it's a servo. This one can handle up to 5 amps and 12 volts. It would be hard to build something much cheaper.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back