Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control volume w/ 1 pot for 2x TDA7297 amp modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oziam

Hi all,

I have 2 separate TDA7297 amp modules complete w/ B50K pots for volume control & I want to control volume for both simultaneously with one(master) 50K 6 pin rotary pot. Can I do this simply by connecting the back 3 pins from the Master pot to the back 3 pins of both amp-module pots & same for front pins?

The amp modules are 2 channel so the existing pot is a 6 pin, I want to have 4 channels controlled by 1 pot

Don't know if it matters to you, but none of the Farnell and Digikey parts shown are both 50K and audio-taper.
50k is not needed, 10k or 20k will work fine since any audio sources can be loaded with it.

Yes I did notice that Wade, thanks, as audioguru commented 10 or 20 k would work. Digikey have 1,10,20 & 50K Pro Audio series but nothing in stock so I would have to back order.
I actually managed to make a custom hack by joining two 50K dual gang together as one, syncing them was a bit fiddly but they are very close within 7% which is good enough for my purpose. Thanks to all for your help, much appreciated :)

Don't know if it matters to you, but none of the Farnell and Digikey parts shown are both 50K and audio-taper.
A quasi audio-taper can be generated with a linear pot if a resistive load of about 15% of the pot resistance is added from the wiper to ground (for example a 15kΩ resistor for a 100kΩ pot).
It's not exact but it should work much better than a linear taper for volume control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back