Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control unit driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

i am tring to drive a stepper motor STH-39D. i am getting the control signals from a FPGA Controller. the voltage levels of high and low signals of my control output are 4.4v and 1.37volts. i am using the following circuit as driver. i am using BC547 trasnsistors. the motor is not rotating. what might be the possible cause.
i think this is because of that the transistor is remaining ON even on "0" position. what changes in circuit should i make for this motor to keep running.
by the way forgot, my stepper motor is 1.8 step angle, 13ohm, resistance, 6 wired motor.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 287
The 100ma BC547 is no match for your stepper motor. You've also left out the clamp diodes.
A ULN2803 would be much easier if your stepper is under 500ma.

I have used ULN 2803. but i am not getting the output. i have used the following schematic and i am posting my circuit.
My input pulse voltage varied between 0 and 3.3v for a 'BIT 0' and 'BIT 1' respectively. But the voltage on the output of the uln2803 is 0.59v costant value.
the schematic is given for 24v. but i have used it for 12v. id it causing the problem.?

Attachments

• DSC03797.JPG
    DSC03797.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 238
  • 2803.JPG
    2803.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 287
Some data of the stepper motor would be helpfulf. The type number doesn't tell me anything.

The motor should have a label with the voltage and current printed on it.

I must assume that the motor is a 24V type. Driving it at half of the nominal voltage it won't work properly.

Boncuk said:
Some data of the stepper motor would be helpfulf. The type number doesn't tell me anything.

The motor should have a label with the voltage and current printed on it.

I must assume that the motor is a 24V type. Driving it at half of the nominal voltage it won't work properly.

Independent of the motor type i should get some output from ULN2803. but the voltage at those terminals is just 0.59v what ever the input. i cant make out much on voltage of motor from that label on it as that label is damaged. it is a 6 wire , 13ohms, 1.8 step angle motor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back