Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control toy car

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpshamilsagar

hi all,
i need to control the speed of the car..(if my car is near by an obstacle i should reduce the speed,at a certain distance my car should be stopped and when that obstacle is removed,at a certain distance my car should start again).to do this i need to have som sensors.can any1 tel me which sensor i can use and som ideas?

Use IR sensors , or ultrasonic as suggested.

To reduce the speed may be change your input as PWM decreasing to the motor , when obstacle removed , again increase speed.

Sensor gives a input - 5V to your IC ,based on this inout decide when to start stop.
Checking every 1 second or so.

The ultrasonic sensors directly don't give the distance, they calculate the time interval between sending the signal and receiving the echo to determine the distance to an object.You must use a simple formula to calculate the distance.But you need to do some code stuff with micros.

For simplicity use IR.

Ikalogic has done nice experiments with IR visit his site.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
if i use ir sensor how do i link the sensor with any µc?i prefer using atmel 8051..is it possible?n how do i measure distance?(i need to stop the wheel only at a certain distance nto as soon as i find the obstacle)...thanks for all ur help...i think i can do it easily...

Using IR you can't measure the distance.Using IR you can "stop" or "start" the car.

Just make a IR circuit like ikalogic did using an opamp.Tune the circuit to a desired distance.Ex 30cm,So when the obstacle in front of 30cm you can get a signal to the micro.After micro get this signal start your PWM to reduce the speed.So you can stop your vehicle linearly with the distance without stopping suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back