Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control of DC Motor Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmmt

Hi,

I have to control the speed of a motor.

After I get the control signal I need to send it to an actuator to change the speed of the DC Motor.

I was thinking to use a circuit (attached image) with a IC 555 and a MOSFET. So by changing the duty cycle of the PWM I will change the speed of the Motor.

The problem is that the circuit is using a potentiometer to do this job, and I want to use the control signal to change the speed. Please, do you have any idea how I can do this??? Maybe the pin 5 of the 555?? Please help me to find a solution, or what kind of actuator I can use to change the speed of the motor?

Thanks for your help,

Macmmt

Attachments

• ne555-pwm-dimmer-circuit.gif
    ne555-pwm-dimmer-circuit.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,200
What is the source of your control signal? Is it an analog voltage, logic data stream, Serial Port, USB, parallel binary, etc, etc?

Do you want forward and reverse?
What is the actuator? Is is a stepper motor, an ordinary 3-pole DC motor or a SERVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back