Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control Motor with PIC16F or dsPIC30F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayuri0903

Hi all,
My team (group of student) have to build a board to control a hexapod. (a dsPIC controls a motor)
My teacher give us questions:
Why do we use dsPIC30F but not PIC16F? is dsPIC30F better than PIC16F? Better what?
My team have tried search a lot of documents, however, we cannot find out answer. :(

Plz help us. Thanks very much :)

Think how many motors the robot has and how you control them.. I think there is part of the answer.

I have 6 motors.
One dsPIC controls a motor. and a PIC connect to PC

There is the answer I think. dsPIC30F has up to 8 PWM channels that can be used for motor control. PIC16F does not have enough PWM channels.

Have you looked in the data sheet for something like the pic18's "PSTR1CON: PULSE STEERING CONTROL" which = 4pwm's channels using 1 eccp. dsp30 may have even more/better ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back