Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control idle motor with potenciometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

meu325

Hello I'm new, and it's my first time writing in a forum in general, if I do something wrong just tell.

I have an ems system on my car and issues to control my idle motor, wherever settings I change o how I do the wiring nothing changes.

The motor has a 3 wires connector, 1mass 2 pos. Whe its no voltage the butterfly stays in midle pos (actually it's not a butterfly it's a kind of excentric hole thats makes bigger smaller)
If I connect direct to a batt to one wire once get 12v it get a hard hit and open full. Same to the other pos wire but closing complete.

I'm wondering if I can make an instalation with one or two potenciometers/ relays and control my idle manually inside of the car.

Its for a track day car so it's one of the lasts opcions before remove and open more the butterfly.

The ecu only controls 2wires motors so I only can work half to open or half to close I tryed both I can get a more or less stable idle but I only can change changing ign and afr settings, not idle settings. I also can get a free output x future.

Will be great have click potenciometer when its cold and parking you put a bit more etc.

Thanks a lot.

Now the motor, that controls your butterfly valve, is open, center, or closed. wire 2/ no voltage/wire3
How long for the butterfly to go from center to open? How fast? Less than one second?
Can you get a picture for us?

Normally you'll find that there is a potential divider inside the idle control unit which provides a voltage proportional to the valve position. The "motor" itself is often either a small stepper motor or just a solenoid. If it's a stepper (which yours doesn't sound like it is) then you need a sequence of pulses to turn the motor in either direction.

Yours will more than likely be a solenoid type and will be activated by PWM. You need to vary the on/off times of a pulse to position the plunger or solenoid position.

Hi, sorry for being late.
I think picbits u are right, the motor get a solenoid and is control by the ecu that gives the grounds, maybe it not open progressive, just open/close open/close continuously and like this control the idle.
Ronsimpson, when get no power (standby) its always half open, if you give one mass close if you give the other mass, open. If you connect 12v from a batt direct, open direct, in milisecons. I'll try to get a picture this weekend, anyway I leave here the original wiring diagram, and one link where you can see some fotos.
link fotos:
https://www.google.ch/search?q=bosc...oXYDMLhywPc-oIY&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=629

Anyway, I want found a solution to control it manual as simple as possible, thanks a lot and sorry again for take to much time. bye

Wiring diagram:
idle motor wiring original.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back