Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control calculator LCD display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterens

Hi all,

I have tried it with several displays, but nothing works;
I am trying to display characters generated by my own microcontroller instead of that one in the calculator, but first I want to know how to control the display. So I tried connecting the battery to one of the wires of the lcd, and on the moment the wire touches it, it just fades away. If I try it with the - side of the battery, the same thing happens. I read on another topic that you must connect the + side to one wire and the - side on another, but that doesnt seem to light up random segments as well. So... here's my question:

How do I control characters on my calculator's display?

I can give you some pictures if you want.

PS: I just read something about Logic Gates (How logic gates work: A simple introduction from Explain that Stuff!) but how am I ever going to figure out the pins if this is even going to work?

Next you need to find some specs on the display you are using. Thare are so many different kinds that we can not help you unless you can find the specs on the one your are trying to use. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back