Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control a knob on a Honeywell fan via ESP8266

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthRT

Hey all I am wondering what all I would need in order to control this knob on my Honeywell 2-in 1 Air Circulator Fan, HT-9700

VpByJ.jpg

gEvn2.jpg

QDoeT.jpg

33cis.jpg

EAW4t.jpg

I am wanting to use a ESP8266 in order to control it via wifi. I know how to do it on that side but I am unsure what's available for the other side (the knob) in order to "turn" the knob or hook into the knob wires.

Last edited:
OK So here it is:

BROWN wire = Low fan speed

RED wire = HIGH fan speed
BLACK wire = HOT

With the black prob on BLACK and the red prob on RED with the fan ON/HIGH I get: 09.9

With the black prob on BLACK and the red prob on BROWN with the fan ON/LOW I get: 00.0
With the black prob on BLACK and the red prob on RED with the fan OFF/OFF I get: 124.4
With the black prob on BLACK and the red prob on BROWN with the fan OFF/OFF I get: 124.4

Note I am using the AC mode on my multi meter that looks like this:
gB1wt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back