Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

continuous to momentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

george7g

I've used an X10 for years, but it is not reliable enough for WAF. Recently I've changed to z-wave and am very happy with it (as well as my wife) . Except X10 has a Universal Module (UM506) where you can switch from continuous to momentary output. Unfortunately, this does not exist in z-wave world (yet).

I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify existing z-wave appliance module to have this momentary relay function.

I was thinking of connecting regular 120V relay to appliance module output and using some simple circuit to work this additional relay mometarily. Or, even better, modify internals of the z-wave appliance module so the internal relay can work momentarily. Either way would be perfect.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, George

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am probably a noob in your field but what is a X10

what is a WAF

where do you use a Z wave for and what is it

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Robert-Jan

explanation

Hello Robert-Jan,
below are my answers to you. George

I am probably a noob in your field but what is a X10 = home automation control protocol over poweline (PLC)

what is a WAF = wife acceptance factor

where do you use a Z wave for and what is it = 'new' generation of home control protocol based on Zensys' technology 900MHz RF band. Much more reliable than X10. Very happy with it.

Search the net for x10 and z-wave, you'll find tons of info.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Robert-Jan[/QUOTE]

i like the WAF factor but probably there is not realy a standart for yet:D

but thanks for explaning it to me i would not the only one that hadn't a clue on your first post

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back