Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

continous servo control

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyun84

i've browse this forum for some info regarding the servo, but still got some question i need to ask
as i know, servos can be modified for continuous rotation..
my question is:
after the modification, will i be able to program the PIC for the rotation?
what i mean is, can i program the PIC so that it rotates around 180 deg and stop, and then continues for 360 deg and stop again.
I'm using PICbasic...

chyun84 said:
i've browse this forum for some info regarding the servo, but still got some question i need to ask
as i know, servos can be modified for continuous rotation..
my question is:
after the modification, will i be able to program the PIC for the rotation?
what i mean is, can i program the PIC so that it rotates around 180 deg and stop, and then continues for 360 deg and stop again.
I'm using PICbasic...

No, after modification the servo rotates just like any DC motor (it's no longer a servo) - you have the choice of rotating in either direction, or stopping it - by adjusting the pulse width. You 'may' be able to obtain a little speed control by using pulse widths close to stop - but this varies between servo's, and is a bit unreliable anyway.

its right its just like a dc motor..to be able to get the rotation angle u wanted you have 2 use..trial and errror method....we tried that in our project last sem.....

If you only need little over 360º movement you can mount a 3 turn potenciometre to the shaft of the servo and obtain about 750º of control.

With a digital sensor on the shaft you should be able to program the drive to be proportional to the difference between the starting point and the stopping point. The motor will overshoot and have to back up unless you have a brake on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back