Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

constant power required

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic5

i am using H-bridge to run the motors in either direction. so that i using 9v battery.

but the battery voltage drops after some time. so that i can't run the motors properly.

any better way to solve this problem and give constant supply to the motors...

thank you!

The battery you're using is not large enough to power the motors, you need a more heavy duty battery.

The battery you're using is not large enough to power the motors, you need a more heavy duty battery.

is there any alternative to this battery?
what you mean by heavy duty battery? explain please...

is there any alternative to this battery?
How am I supposed to know when you haven't told me exactly what battery you're using?
what you mean by heavy duty battery? explain please...
I mean a larger battery which will be capable of providing more power, for longer.

Last edited:
How much current does the motor require?

constant power ?

Some years back, I came across a "Power Pump", converting 120VAC to 13.8 VDC, in a CB magazine. A DIY project that used a wave bridge and a 120V to 25V transformer - then circuits to make a 'rock solid' voltage. The "pump" also had an ampmeter to show how much power was being used. Look into that IF it suits your purpose / not as mobile but works quite well. The output can be adjusted by reststors & NOT affected by power surges, etc.

i am using H-bridge to run the motors in either direction. so that i using 9v battery.

but the battery voltage drops after some time. so that i can't run the motors properly.

any better way to solve this problem and give constant supply to the motors...

thank you!

a typical 9V drains to an end of life of 5V with a 100 ohm loads supplying about 150mAHrs.

you are trying to draw 300-400mA off of it.

a reasonable trade off would be a 3V motor and a switcher from a 6V lantern battery.

a typical 9V drains to an end of life of 5V with a 100 ohm loads supplying about 150mAHrs.

you are trying to draw 300-400mA off of it.

a reasonable trade off would be a 3V motor and a switcher from a 6V lantern battery.

thanks for the suggestion. Here my problem is to supply voltage for microcontroller (5v) , driver ic (9v) , and voltage for the kit (12v). so that i need a general power supply to compensate these requirements. Give some suggestions to make it simple and easy...

please...!

I thought it was 9V, so now it's 12V, will it be 18V next week? :rolleyes:

A 12V wall plug?

Maplin sells the stock no: GS75S
**broken link removed**

If it needs to be portable 8 or 10 AA cells in series or a sealed lead acid battery.

Or go somewhere cheaper and more local.

The motor and driver IC can probably also work off 12V

If you posted a schematic then we might be more helpful.

Last edited:
They say that this Chinese battery is "much more better". Their Engrish is horrible.

The poorly translated sales sheet contradicts itself:
1) The pcb limits the discharge current to 7A.
2) The polyswitch limits the discharge current to 2A.
3) The max discharge rate is only 0.6A (that is the max charging rate).

The battery does not have a connector for balancing the cells.

my, my, we are quite the curmudgeon aren't we?

1) the PCB limits the PEAK discharge to 7A
2) the polyswitch limits the CONTINUOUS discharge to 2A
3) they are apparently the same.

So what? these are LiFePo4s not LiPOs. take a look at the spec: a standard safety test is to overcharge at 3A and then hold at 12V for an hour for a SINGLE CELL.

another is to DRIVE A NAIL THROUGH THE FULLY CHARGED BATTERY with no FLAMES

in short these cell in a pack tend to SELF BALANCE and charge as SLAs (for most charge methods, float charge being the exception) SAFELY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back