Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant power circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

akahrim

Hello All,

I am trying to determine if it is possible to develop a constant power load circuit using microcontrollers. Is it possible to use the PWM feature on a microcontroller to control the power being delivered from a battery load? The microcontroller would use two A/D converters one for voltage and another for the current and then calculate the power. The PWM output would adjust its duty cycle depending on if the calculated power is lower or higher than the set value. Is this possible? How are constant power loads normally made using digital and analog circuits? I have uploaded a circuit of what I am thinking.

Amir

Attachments

• Constant Power Load.PDF
    170.2 KB · Views: 161
One of the IC manufactures has an IC that communicates via I2c and will measure voltage, current and power.

An "Electronic Load" has modes of constant I, R, V and power. Usually you program a compliance. e.g. 1A current, voltage < 100V

One of the IC manufactures has an IC that communicates via I2c and will measure voltage, current and power.

An "Electronic Load" has modes of constant I, R, V and power. Usually you program a compliance. e.g. 1A current, voltage < 100V

Hello KeepItSimpleStupid,

That sounds like a very useful IC. Do you know who manufactures such a part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back