Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant ground to a triped ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpat

Hey all,

Stumbled on this forum from a web search.

Here is what I'm up against. I put a sound toy in my cb radio. To make it play its sound, I have to hit a switch which grounds the toy. I want to hook it up so when hit the transmit button, it will play. There are 2 wires coming out of the toy, 1 to trigger it and one to ground. I want to hook it up to the transmit wire on the mic, but its a constant ground when your transmitting. The toy needs only to be tripped so to say. It wont work if held to ground.

If ya made sense of any of this, I need to make a circuit that will just trigger the toy, no matter how long the transmit key is held down.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Capacitor and resistor in parallel. Probably 0.01uF (10nF) in parallel with 2.2 megohms (2M2).

mneary said:
Capacitor and resistor in parallel. Probably 0.01uF (10nF) in parallel with 2.2 megohms (2M2).

ok, Im going to pick up some other parts for another project im doing and will get these also and give it a shot.

Thanks for the help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back