Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant Current Driver???

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic

I'm looking to make a large array of high power leds. I have found a power supply that would work well for my application, however, it is not avaliable from any of the vendors that list it worldwide, nor can I contact the company that makes it.

the driver is listed here... **broken link removed**

Is there someway to make this driver from scratch, and possibly modify it to better suit my needs? I would like to be able to get as much as 100v dc out of it and be able to dim the current, but that can come in a later revision.

I'm not asking someone to do all the work for me, although that would be nice. I would really like to understand how to safely go from ac to dc and how to regulate the current. Any resources would be greatly appreciated.

**broken link removed**

it is still in production...the front page has a contrast problem. I told their sales group and he is going to mention it to the powers that be.

Ok.... I've looked through the documation for this chip and it seems like it should work for me. Attached I have the Datasheet for the chip and an example from Supertex running at 350mA. I am trying to make a circuit that will give me 700mA form a 110V line. I can't see where they are getting some of the component values for the 350mA driver. I'd like to understand their example befor eI try to change it.

Would anyone be willing to take me through the equations fo rthe 350mA driver so I can have a better understanding of it.

thanks

Attachments

• HV9910B.pdf
    680.4 KB · Views: 197
  • AN-H48.pdf
    615.9 KB · Views: 187
I'm looking to make a large array of high power leds. I have found a power supply that would work well for my application, however, it is not avaliable from any of the vendors that list it worldwide, nor can I contact the company that makes it.

the driver is listed here... **broken link removed**

Is there someway to make this driver from scratch, and possibly modify it to better suit my needs? I would like to be able to get as much as 100v dc out of it and be able to dim the current, but that can come in a later revision.
Any 1A voltage regulator set up in the current limit mode. Ask Boncuk.

You need to put at least 102vdc into it. Further, if each LED voltage tolerance is +/- 1v, the tolerance of a string of 30 is (30*1)^0.5 = +/-5.5v, not +/- 30v.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back